Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Apparently I moved to the Bay Area

This morning I woke up and thought my windows were fogged up for whatever reason, but really it was the insane fog that has descended upon Qingdao.

 This is seriously thick fog!  I feel like I'm walking around in the Bay Area, or into an elven forest looking for the lost members of the Fellowship.

It was really eerie - as though when I blinked my vision would clear, but it wouldn't.  I walked at my normal pace to my first classroom building until I had to walk through this:

Craziest feeling ever.  Please insert metaphor here.

That is all.  Today I had my morning class sing "God Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts.  It was just me making stuff up because they had already seen "Twilight" with another English teacher.  And man it was funny.  Some of these guys really get into singing karaoke!

Happy December!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

see: The Mist by steven king

Is this fog a regular thing??? or were people as freaked out as you were??

Alison said...

Yes, the students said it does not happen often either and were taking lots of photos on their phones!