Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm China-trendy

Many Chinese people wear face masks to shield themselves from dust, sickness, and pollution.  They are very rarely plain face masks and attempt to be fashionable, with rhinestones, cartoons, and patterns on them.

I felt it was necessary to finally embrace this trend and sport my own look!

I actually wore it to LiCun yesterday and found it quite nice that I didn't have to hold my breath and dust my face off when crossing the street!  However, it does make my glasses fog up and I ended up taking it off once I was back on campus.

Yes, the mask is a little cartoon covering his mouth and saying "NO!" -- isn't it adorable?

During the night market on Monday, I also finally caved and got some people to put what is basically a giant sticker on the back of my phone.  They come in many different designs, but because my phone is so small, I picked one that wasn't a cartoon (as much as I am in love with Xi Yang Yang right now) but was equally as obnoxious.

Basically, they take the giant sticker and use a lighter very quickly to make it soft and mold exactly to the shape of your phone.  Then they use a scalpel to cut it exactly to the edges and make an opening for the battery cover, cell phone charm hole (I want to get a Mei Yang Yang one but I have yet to find the perfect charm), and the bottom part where it charges.  It was all so precise and I actually sat there with my jaw open watching the man do it with a lighter and a blade.  Weird.

So yes, I have had a China-tastic week so far and have gone on a mission to get as much cute stuff as possible.

The "Twilight" marathon begins again tomorrow.  I told one of my classes today that they will finish it next week and they actually squealed and then applauded.  This week I had them do an actual lesson, I promise!  I'll post about that later, because it was a very good one and their dialogues were very interesting.

New Moon sucks.  Sorry if you paid money to see that.

1 comment:

jacques du'loque said...
This comment has been removed by the author.