Sunday, January 10, 2010

Adventure Itinerary

My grades are done!  I slogged through and only failed five students.  There were a whole bunch that got by with a 60 or 65, because I'm merciful, but I failed the kids that never even bothered to show up but once or twice.  I'm going to turn in my grades tomorrow and then it's off on vacation with Jenna.  It's the trip I've been dreaming about doing since I left China and I am very excited to travel down to the southwest region.  So here goes...

Jenna & Alison's January Adventure

January 10-12
Guilin

January 13-15
Yangshuo

January 16-18
Kunming

January 19-21
Dali

January 22-23
Lijiang

January 23-25
Tiger Leaping Gorge

January 26-27
Go back to Lijiang, take train to Kunming

January 28-31
Beijing

February 1
Take train back to Qingdao

February 4
Flight to AMERICA!

I'll have wifi at the hostels I'm staying at and will be posting via email.  Since I went to Yangshuo two years ago, I knew I wanted to come back.  This time we will not be staying on the super-touristy West Street, but instead will be staying at a village-turned-hostel about 3km away from the Yangshuo hotspot.

I've also been very interested in the Yunnan province for about two years now and am looking forward to exploring Naxi villages and seeing many Buddhist temples.  The Tiger Leaping Gorge, of course, is bound to be the high point of the trip and will take us 3 days to hike there and back.  I am also looking forward to spending time in Dali and seeing the famous Stone Forest.

Exciting stuff over here!  Until the next post...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a nice adventure!! Don't forget to upload pictures of your adventure.
Keep on blogging...

Unknown said...

How am I to follow your blog when you don't allow followers???